[Water News] DJ Gongol & Associates Water News - September 3, 2010

Brian Gongol waternewsadmin at pumpstoreusa.com
Fri Sep 3 16:20:57 EDT 2010

Thanks for reading this week's edition of our weekly water news report.
Please feel free to forward this news to a colleague.

Highlights from the past week

New Orleans is finally getting pretty close to having comprehensive
flood protection:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/08/30/

A failing septic system has caused a Grand Island mobile-home park to close:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/08/31/

Iowa's outgoing DNR director says the silt being dumped into the
Maquoketa River as a result of the Lake Delhi dam failure is "atrocious":
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/09/01/

Gorman-Rupp will acquire the National Pump Co. in October:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/09/02/

Extra validation for those who need it -- water-quality validation, that is:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/09/03/

Featured product: Electric generators

Severe thunderstorms, high winds, and flooding have all led to power
outages in the Upper Midwest this summer. And let's not forget how bad
things were back in winter, when ice storms and 50 mph winds knocked out
power repeatedly, as well.

While power outages are a serious nuisance for many people, they can be
extremely hazardous when they threaten health and safety -- whether
that's for people who rely on electrical power for their medical
equipment, like respirators or dialysis machines, or for communities
that need to retain their water and sanitary sewer services for
everything from fire protection to the protection of basic health and
welfare.

Since power outages likely won't ever be eliminated, portable electrical
generators remain a valuable source of backup power for families,
businesses, and municipalities. We offer a range of economical portable
generators through our website, available to the public at large at very
competitive prices, and ranging in size up to 10,000 watts.

And, of course, the same generator that can make life easier in an
emergency is perfectly good to use during camping and tailgating season,
too.

If you'd like to know more, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/store/generators or call us at 515-223-4144
and ask for details.

Your comments are welcomed

If you have any comments to share with us about this newsletter, or if
you have questions about any of our products, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/contact/ and let us know. Thanks for reading.

Sign up

If you were forwarded this newsletter, sign up to receive it
automatically at http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/subscribe/weeklywaternews/