[Water News] DJ Gongol & Associates Water News - September 14, 2010

Brian Gongol waternewsadmin at pumpstoreusa.com
Tue Sep 14 13:54:20 EDT 2010

Thanks for reading this week's edition of our weekly water news report.
Please feel free to forward this news to a colleague.

Highlights from the past week

A big wildfire has broken out near Boulder, Colorado:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/09/07/

The EPA has fined a Nebraska landowner $30,000 for an illegal dam:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/09/08/

The importance of clean water in a disaster zone:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/09/09/

High nitrates make Dixon (Iowa) water unfit for infants:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/09/10/

Featured product: Wastewater lagoon liners

Of the hundreds of wastewater lagoons in our region (Iowa alone has more
than 700), most are built on compacted soil or use clay to create a
minimally-permeable barrier between the wastewater and the groundwater
below. Geomembrane liners can be far superior to compacted soil liners
for improving the quality of isolation between the wastewater and the
ground below, since they are fabricated under controlled factory
conditions and can be rigorously tested both prior to shipment and in
the field.

For those applications where a sound, reliable barrier is necessary to
improve source-water protection, we can offer a wide range of materials
for lagoon liners, including the impressive Layfield EnviroLiner.
EnviroLiner can be warranted for 20 years, and is optimal for its ease
of installation. With UV stability, it can be installed without a soil
cover and requires a minimum amount of labor to install for the long term.

A growing need in Nebraska and Kansas has been for liners for small
waste ponds where uranium filtration has been installed. This kind of
application, though challenging, can also be met by geomembrane liners.

If you'd like to know more, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/lagoonliners or call us at 515-223-4144 and
ask for details.

Your comments are welcomed

If you have any comments to share with us about this newsletter, or if
you have questions about any of our products, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/contact/ and let us know. Thanks for reading.

Sign up

If you were forwarded this newsletter, sign up to receive it
automatically at http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/subscribe/weeklywaternews/