[Water News] DJ Gongol & Associates Water News - June 8, 2009

Brian Gongol waternewsadmin at pumpstoreusa.com
Tue Jun 9 21:59:26 EDT 2009

Thanks for reading this week's edition of our weekly water news report.
Please feel free to forward this news to a colleague.

Highlights from the past week

The EPA has approved Iowa's new water-quality standards:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/06/01/

An essayist has suggested that what this country needs is a few more
engineers in politics:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/06/02/

Good weather has given crops an excellent start in Nebraska:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/06/03/

The chief engineer at Gorman-Rupp has produced a helpful guide to some
lesser-known matters in pump selection:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/06/04/

The arrival of fEPDM on the scene as an alternative for wastewater
diffusers marks a big step forward for aeration:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/06/05/

Featured product: fEPDM membranes

SSI has developed a series of fEPDM membranes for use in wastewater
aeration. These membranes take the flexibility of standard EPDM rubber
and add even better fouling resistance and greater durability. In some
recent testing, fEPDM was shown to retain 30% more of its plasticizer
content than standard EPDM after extremely aggressive testing -- far
more abuse than the same diffusers will likely ever encounter in any
practical application. That means a longer service life and better
performance over the long term.

If you'd like to know more, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/finebubbleaeration/ or call us at
515-223-4144 and ask for details.

Your comments are welcomed