[Water News] DJ Gongol & Associates Water News - June 15, 2009

Brian Gongol waternewsadmin at pumpstoreusa.com
Mon Jun 15 17:00:04 EDT 2009

Thanks for reading this week's edition of our weekly water news report.
Please feel free to forward this news to a colleague.

Highlights from the past week

Muscatine, Iowa, is getting underway with a massive sewer-separation
project mandated by the EPA:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/06/08/

Flooding in Waterloo, Iowa, this past spring may be just the impetus the
city needed to encourage residents to support plans for stormwater and
sewer upgrades:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/06/09/

How some of our Gorman-Rupp pumps were affected by the tornado in
Parkersburg, Iowa, a year ago:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/06/10/

Iowa's $8 billion flood-recovery funding gap:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/06/11/

Why water treatment systems may need to think differently about how they
monitor for ammonia in the summertime:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/06/12/

Featured product: Sand filters

While standard clarification procedures are often good enough for most
water-treatment systems, sometimes a higher level of quality is
required. That's when Krofta's innovative DAF (dissolved air floatation)
sand filter systems are worth a look. The Sandfloat system uses tiny
bubbles of air -- just 30 to 70 microns in diameter -- to lift solids to
the surface while allowing the water to pass through greensand or other
media for a polishing effect that can be truly outstanding in quality.
The Sandfloat approach can also be very useful for removing heavy metals
like iron which are often found in the groundwater -- especially in
Nebraska.

If you'd like to know more, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/clarifiers/sandfilters/ or call us at
515-223-4144 and ask for details.

Your comments are welcomed