[Water News] DJ Gongol & Associates Water News

Brian Gongol waternewsadmin at pumpstoreusa.com
Tue Jun 2 15:51:13 EDT 2009

Thanks for reading this week's edition of our weekly water news report.
Please feel free to forward this news to a colleague.

Highlights from the past week

The National Weather Service has issued a report on last year's flooding
in Iowa, which notes that it was the wettest first half of the year
since records were first kept in 1873:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/05/26/

Nebraska has received a small grant from the Federal government for
water-quality planning:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/05/27/

The remnants of a tropical depression have dropped a lot of rain on Iowa
and Nebraska in the last few days:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/05/28/

Iowa's Drinking Water State Revolving Fund has received $24 million in
economic-stimulus funding:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/05/29/

Featured product: Pressure-booster stations

Water pressure isn't just a matter of quality of life -- adequate
pressure is also crucial to fire protection. Even though residential
construction has slowed in most of the US, some areas are still growing.
Even in places where construction has ceased altogether, the need for
water pressure improvements has remained. For some areas, water towers
are enough to provide pressure throughout a community. But in others,
booster stations are needed to provide the needed pressure throughout
the day. Because peak demand for water (in the morning and in the early
evening) can be several times the demand throughout the rest of the day,
and especially overnight, most pressure-booster systems require a
combination of duty pumps and jockey pumps. Thanks to the huge range of
pumps available from the Patterson Pump Company, we are able to supply
booster stations in sizes ranging from just enough to cover a small
building all the way up to systems capable of pressurizing an entire
rural water district. Enclosure options can range from the most basic
all the way up to enclosures that look like ordinary homes -- completely
masking the presence of the equipment inside.

If you'd like to know more, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/boosterstations/ or call us at 515-223-4144
and ask for details.

Your comments are welcomed