[Water News] DJ Gongol & Associates Water News

Brian Gongol waternewsadmin at pumpstoreusa.com
Mon Apr 13 18:06:32 EDT 2009

Thanks for reading this week's edition of our weekly water news report.
Please feel free to forward this news to a colleague.

Highlights from the past week

If the engineers behind a couple of new reports are right, Americans
will have to spend more than $15 billion a year for the next 20 years to
bring our water infrastructure up to date:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/04/06/

Congress is considering a bill to put most of the nation's water under
Federal authority:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/04/07/

As computers become more important to the operation of our water and
wastewater systems, it's becoming more important to make sure they stay
secure:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/04/08/

Des Moines could be in line for some major flood-control upgrades:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/04/09/

Fargo could face an additional round of major flooding:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/04/10/

Featured product: Soil-reinforcement geotextiles

One of the important but often-overlooked ways to keep water clean is to
keep construction debris and soil from getting into rivers and streams.
Runoff from construction sites and ordinary erosion is responsible for
far more water pollution than many people realize -- and compounding the
effect is the loss of vegetation when streambanks collapse, since some
forms of vegetation can have a very strong pollution-reducing effect.
Soil-reinforcement geotextiles can be extremely effective at anchoring
soils in place to help provide stability and improve nature's ability to
keep water clean.

If you'd like to know more, visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/soilreinforcement/ or call us at
515-223-4144 and ask for details.