[Water News] DJ Gongol & Associates Water News

Brian Gongol waternewsadmin at pumpstoreusa.com
Mon Apr 6 14:03:54 EDT 2009

Thanks for reading this week's edition of our weekly water news report.
Please feel free to forward this news to a colleague.

Highlights from the past week

Nebraska regulators have decided that the state's biggest river isn't
quite fully allocated...yet:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/03/30/

A new factory in Menlo, Iowa, will turn corn cobs into fertilizer:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/03/31/

The USDA thinks farmers are going to cut back on planting corn. That
could mean more challenges for keeping the water clean:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/04/01/

The ongoing process of revising Iowa's water-quality standards may have
just gotten even longer:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/04/02/

Unsewered communities in Iowa just received a gift from the state
legislature:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/04/03/

Featured product: PTFE-coated diffusers

With the attention suddenly being paid to the dual interests of better
water quality in the natural environment and energy-efficient "green
projects," we are pleased to tell people about the PTFE-coated aeration
diffusers available from SSI. These diffusers start with an EPDM rubber
base layer, but use a special process to add a non-stick PTFE coating.
This makes the diffusers powerfully resistant to fouling; as a result,
they are not only more effective at encouraging oxygen transfer to the
water (improving the quality of the treated water), they use less energy
than dirty ceramic diffusers or even membrane diffusers without the same
non-stick coating. A clean diffuser is an efficient diffuser, and when
you can keep the diffuser clean without having to scrub it (or attack it
with dangerous doses of hazardous chlorine gas), everybody wins.

If you'd like to know more, visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/finebubbleaeration/ptfe/ or call us at
515-223-4144 and ask for details.

Your comments are welcomed