[Water News] DJ Gongol & Associates Water News

Brian Gongol waternewsadmin at pumpstoreusa.com
Mon Apr 20 20:56:18 EDT 2009

Thanks for reading this week's edition of our weekly water news report.
Please feel free to forward this news to a colleague.

Highlights from the past week

Cedar Rapids (Iowa) will be receiving $6.5 million from the Federal
government to help with flood recovery at the Water Pollution Control Plant:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/04/13/

The Federal government has ordered Fort Madison (Iowa) to start a
disinfection program for the waters released by its combined sewer system:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/04/14/

The Iowa House is looking for ways to use tax benefits to encourage more
methane recapture:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/04/15/

The USGS says that the Ogallala Aquifer has shrunk by almost 10% in the
last half-century:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/04/16/

A project of the USDA is working on ways to cut irrigation waste by
measuring leaf temperatures:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/04/17/

Featured product: Chlorine monitors

Chlorine must be monitored by water and wastewater systems for a variety
of reasons -- from ensuring that clean water has been sufficiently
disinfected for the health and safety of municipal water customers to
guaranteeing compliance with Federal and state standards requiring that
wastewater discharged into rivers and streams has been adequately
dechlorinated in order to protect aquatic life. We offer chlorine
monitors from Analytical Technology, Inc. (ATI) that allow for
continuous, automatic measurement of chlorine without any complicated
chemical mixing or guesswork using paper strips and color charts.
Maintenance requirements for ATI's chlorine monitors are minimal -- a
sensor head can be refreshed for months of reliable service in ten
minutes or less.

If you'd like to know more, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/watersensors/chlorine/ or call us at
515-223-4144 and ask for details.

Your comments are welcomed