[geeklog-translations] Re: varias cosas sobre Geeklog

geeklog-translations-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-translations-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Tue Jun 17 09:15:58 EDT 2003

FB wrote:

>It's not fair that the geeklog-translations email list has to be only in
>english.  If that is the only way, that name is wrong, it should be called
>geeklog-only-english-translations. instead.

A mailing list is about communication. But it's hard to communicate if
you don't speak the language ...

Things that I think could be discussed / posted on this list are

- The Geeklog developers post about changes in the language files
- Translators ask about certain changes or phrases
- Translators for one language could compare notes with translators for
  other languages ("How did you solve this and that problem?")
- General language-related problems and topics, e.g. character encodings

I can perfectly understand that when people work on a particular problem
in a language that they may want to use that language for communication.
But then that is probably not something that is of interest to the other
readers of the list and should be taken to private email. IMHO only, of
course.

bye, Dirk

--
http://www.geeklog.net/