[BwayDems] URGENT: Help us fight de Blasio's evictions of homeless women on the UWS!

Katie Rosman ksrosman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 11:25:40 EDT 2019

Dear friends:

We really need your help!

As you may know, the de Blasio administration recently announced *plans* *to
evict all 120 female residents of the successful women's shelter on 107th
Street in Manhattan* and replace them with homeless men. Our community has
rallied
<https://gmail.us20.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a9a3fe362605849fc7e76bd6&id=c1f697add8&e=c61ace37b0>
keep the shelter's current female residents in their homes, but this
outpouring of community support has not stopped the evictions of female
residents, which grow in number with each passing day.
<https://gmail.us20.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a9a3fe362605849fc7e76bd6&id=8e1ed5852d&e=c61ace37b0>

If you have not already done so, please, *please **sign the petition*
<https://gmail.us20.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a9a3fe362605849fc7e76bd6&id=1fe3b78543&e=c61ace37b0>
online
and *share it with your relevant networks*. *We need to get to 1,000
signatures in the next 24 hours, *or it might be too late.

*Our grassroots advocacy is absolutely critical *to stopping the senseless
and shameful evictions of 120 homeless women at 237 West 107th Street.

We thank you in advance for your help and support.

Sincerely,
Katie Rosman, *Health and Human Services Committee Member, Community Board
7*
Catherine DeLazzero and Sheldon Fine*, **Health and Human Services
Committee Co-Chairs, Community Board 7*
Evelyn Lanoix, *Member, West 107th Street Block Association*
Bennett Brooks, *Member, West 107th Street Block Association*
Nancy Cohen, *Member, West 107th Street Block Association*