[BwayDems] This MLK Jr. Day

Paula Diamond Roman valleygirl109 at rocketmail.com
Mon Jan 21 15:15:39 EST 2019

|    |

|  Friend,

When I woke up this morning, I couldn’t shake the feeling that this Martin Luther King Jr. Day felt different. We’ve seen inspiring events these last few weeks that fill me with hope:
   - The new NYS Legislature, the first in history led by African-Americans in both chambers, passing GENDA and banning conversion therapy
   - Tennessee’s governor granting clemency to Cyntoia Brown
   - Long overdue reforms to our racist criminal justice system
So, despite the unavoidable truth that minority communities continue to suffer injustice after injustice under the Trump administration, I see the long moral arc of the universe bending toward justice -- so long as we continue to fight for our progressive values.

Throughout my career, from my time as a public defender to 16 years in the State Assembly, I’ve been guided by the pursuit of justice and Equality for All. It hasn’t always been easy, and some victories are as of yet incomplete, but we’ve never stopped fighting. But I remember Dr. King's words from his final speech, “When people get caught up with that which is right and they are willing to sacrifice for it, there is no stopping point short of victory,” and I know I will never stop in this fight.

As my campaign for Public Advocate continues to move forward, these words are at the front of my mind. We can create a better, fairer, and more equal New York City -- together.

Best,
Danny   |

|    |

|    |

|    |

|    |

|    |

|    |

|  Copyright © 2019 Danny for NYC, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
Danny for NYC
PO Box 250875
New York, NY 10025