[BwayDems] GALE BREWER'S COMMUNITY CONVERSATIONS NEXT WEEK

LizSostre at aol.com LizSostre at aol.com
Thu Jul 14 08:18:03 EDT 2016

Dear  Friend, Please join me for a community conversation next week.
Manhattan  is a mosaic of diverse neighborhoods where a difference of a few  block
    _Like_
(http://sable.madmimi.com/click?id=28773.395983.2913.1.1ee61c58a1f2f0f9dc148c8ea90f73a7&p=eyJ7e21pbWktc2lnbmF0dXJlfX0iOiIxMzI4MjM0MzQtODU3MTA
2ODA2MS0yNjY0OTFmMWY4ZGQ1NmRmNmE5ODIzMmE4NThlYTVjMzIxMjdhODMwIiwie3tlbWFpbEl
kfX0iOiIzOTU5ODMifQ==)   _Tweet_
(http://sable.madmimi.com/click?id=28773.395983.2914.1.8ffc4c6a18711e829610a5faa30cec17&p=eyJ7e21pbWktc2lnbmF0dXJlfX0iO
iIxMzI4MjM0MzQtODU3MTA2ODA2MS0yNjY0OTFmMWY4ZGQ1NmRmNmE5ODIzMmE4NThlYTVjMzIxM
jdhODMwIiwie3tlbWFpbElkfX0iOiIzOTU5ODMifQ==)   _in_
(http://sable.madmimi.com/click?id=28773.395983.2915.1.c359d0f02ae5a0fd0e4cab50084cc45d&p=eyJ7e21pbW
ktc2lnbmF0dXJlfX0iOiIxMzI4MjM0MzQtODU3MTA2ODA2MS0yNjY0OTFmMWY4ZGQ1NmRmNmE5OD
IzMmE4NThlYTVjMzIxMjdhODMwIiwie3tlbWFpbElkfX0iOiIzOTU5ODMifQ==)    _Web
Version_
(http://sable.madmimi.com/click?id=28773.395983.2916.1.1cb15ccd9118818c9c3e4221aab58ee4&p=eyJ7e21pbWktc2lnbmF0dXJlfX0iOiIxMzI4MjM0MzQtODU3MTA2ODA2M
S0yNjY0OTFmMWY4ZGQ1NmRmNmE5ODIzMmE4NThlYTVjMzIxMjdhODMwIiwie3tlbWFpbElkfX0iO
iIzOTU5ODMifQ==)   _Forward_
(http://sable.madmimi.com/click?id=28773.395983.2917.1.05c07fa8b65040ce2f93ee38b0c6db82&p=eyJ7e21pbWktc2lnbmF0dXJlfX0iOiIxM
zI4MjM0MzQtODU3MTA2ODA2MS0yNjY0OTFmMWY4ZGQ1NmRmNmE5ODIzMmE4NThlYTVjMzIxMjdhO
DMwIiwie3ttZW1iZXItaWR9fSI6ODU3MTA2ODA2MSwie3tlbWFpbElkfX0iOiIzOTU5ODMifQ==)

Dear Friend,
Please join me for a community  conversation next week.
Manhattan is a mosaic of diverse  neighborhoods where a difference of a few
blocks  can feel like miles. The recent violence around  the country shows
that for all the progress  we’ve made, systemic racism and its consequences
endure in our society. Now, more than ever, we  must continue the work of
rooting it out in  every neighborhood.
It's important that we talk, face to  face, about how systemic racism
impacts our  neighborhoods and is experienced in our  communities. That's why I'm
inviting  Manhattanites -- young people, seniors, faith  leaders,
activists, law enforcement, and  everyday New Yorkers -- to share their  perspectives
so we can learn from each other's  experiences, identify and root out
discrimination in our neighborhoods, and create  communities where all of us are
safe and  respected.
We will start with two community  conversations next week:
Upper  West Side, Morningside & Harlem
Synod Hall at Cathedral Church of St. John  the Divine
West 110th Street & Amsterdam  Avenue
Wednesday, July 20, 6:00 pm
_Click to RSVP_
(http://sable.madmimi.com/click?id=28773.395983.2918.1.0454ccf33112acac0fc0abcd34f2d311)
Upper  East Side & East Harlem
Harlem RBI  / DREAM Charter School
1991 Second Avenue  between East 102nd Street and East 103rd Street
Thursday, July 21, 6:00 pm
_Click to RSVP_
(http://sable.madmimi.com/click?id=28773.395983.2919.1.1eaf91fd9280b8875c7126bf19d43b61)
Each event will feature small-group  conversations with facilitators and a
focus on  learning from each other.
We will schedule more conversations  across Manhattan in the coming months.
I hope to  see you there, and that working together, we  will build
stronger neighborhoods.
See you  soon,

(http://sable.madmimi.com/click?id=28773.395983.2920.1.a053ad4a027d8a315c08a3752b94cc1f)
(http://sable.madmimi.com/click?id=28773.395983.2921.1.d4919692f64913287ae5cf6301fbdc13)
(http://sable.madmimi.com/click?id=28773.395983.2922.1.a263b96808da832e5cf3dc266a8484c7)

©2016  Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer | 1 Centre  Street 19th
Floor, New York, NY 10007

_Subscribe_
(http://sable.madmimi.com/click?id=28773.395983.2923.1.194e95160876babb682af62d4437a989&p=eyJ7e21pbWktc2lnbmF0dXJlfX0iOiIxMzI4MjM0MzQtODU3MT
A2ODA2MS0yNjY0OTFmMWY4ZGQ1NmRmNmE5ODIzMmE4NThlYTVjMzIxMjdhODMwIiwie3
ttZW1iZXItaWR9fSI6ODU3MTA2ODA2MSwie3tlbWFpbElkfX0iOiIzOTU5ODMifQ==)   _Unsubscribe_
(https://go.madmimi.com/opt_out?fe=1&pact=395983-132823434-8571068061-266491
f1f8dd56df6a98232a858ea5c32127a830&amx=8571068061)

_Powered  by Mad  Mimi®A  GoDaddy® company  _ (http://sable.madmimi.com/cli
ck?id=28773.395983.2924.1.af4c592782d13127f896a708f918c7d2)

=