[BwayDems] Fwd: BROADWAY DEMOCRATS WINS DEMMY FOR "CLUB OF THE YEAR"!

curtisdems at aol.com curtisdems at aol.com
Tue Jul 16 17:10:11 EDT 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: curtisdems <curtisdems at aol.com>
To: bwupdates <bwupdates at broadwaydemocrats.org>
Sent: Tue, Jul 16, 2013 8:02 am
Subject: BROADWAY DEMOCRATS WINS DEMMY FOR "CLUB OF THE YEAR"!

Broadway Democrats and Three Parks Independent Democrats shared the Herman Denny Farrell Democratic Club of the Year award at last night's Inaugural Demmy Awards Ceremony at the American Airlines Theater.

We were honored for our work in last year's Obama Democratic Victory Storefront. The two clubs have sponsored Broadway storefronts in every Presidential election since 1984, bringing together thousands of community residents to take back and keep the White House.

In an inspiring if a bit overlong ceremony, we were entertained by Broadway stars, and heard honorees from Tony Bennett to Jerry Nadler talk about what the Democratic Party stands for. There was a heavy air of sadness and outrage because of the Trayvon Martin verdict, and renewed determination to fight back against the Republican war on women and for racial and economic justice. That is why we are Democrats!

It was great to receive this award with presenter Keith Wright, Cynthia Doty and Bob Botfeld at my side, and with Katie Hanner, Lizabeth Sostre, Norman and Joan Levine, Gretchen Borges and Carol Sharpe to cheer us on. In my "acceptance speech" I thanked State Senator Franz Leichter who helped found both clubs, Herman Denny Farrell who helped bind our first petitions, and the so many people that have helped make our club and our storefronts so successful.

Curtis Arluck