[BwayDems] The Last Weekend

Michael Rabinowitz mrabinowitz at abornforda.com
Sun Sep 13 17:44:48 EDT 2009

Dear Broadway Dems:

Reports back from door-knocking and phonebanking are amazing - the passion for Richard's campaign to change the criminal justice system is palpable.  It's been a long, hard-fought campaign and we need all the energy you can spare from now until Tuesday .

We just need to make sure that every single one of Richard's supporters remembers to vote.  So, if you haven't already, please sign up for a volunteer shift at www.abornforda.com/volunteer.

One of the best ways to remind people to vote for Richard is to send a personal email about the election.  Many of you have already sent one to your list.  (I know, because we are CCed on many of them!)  But for those of you that haven’t, please consider sending one right now.  A sample is below.  Please personalize it, send it to your list, and bcc info at abornforda.com .

Thanks again for all you are doing,
Mike Rabinowitz
Campaign Manager

Sample Email

Please excuse the mass email – I don’t usually do these - but I wanted to be sure to reach you and urge you to vote for Richard Aborn for Manhattan District Attorney on this coming Tuesday , September 15th.

I have invested time and resources in Richard's campaign because he is the only candidate who is serious about bringing about progressive change.  He offers us a once-in-a-generation opportunity to transform our criminal justice system to one that invests in our communities and uses a progressive, prevention-based approach to stop crime before it starts.

Richard will continue to be tough on violent crime, but he also understands that there is something wrong with a system when almost one in three African American men and one in six Latino men will spend a portion of their lives in prison, and where four out of five young offenders will be re-arrested within a few years.

You don’t have to take my word for it.  Richard has been endorsed by progressive leaders like Congressman Jerry Nadler, Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy, Senators Bill Perkins and Jose Serrano, openly gay elected officials like Deborah Glick, Danny O’Donnell and Rosie Mendez (and the Gay City News), “America’s Top Cop” Bill Bratton, the Legal Aid Attorneys, the Working Families Party and many more, forming the most diverse coalition of any campaign in recent memory.

Richard’s message is resonating (and you can read the New York Times report on that at http://tinyurl.com/abornnytimes), and the campaign is building an unprecedented field operation (as reported by the Daily News at http://tinyurl.com/abornnydailynews).

This is going to be an extremely close -- and extremely low-turnout election.   That means every vote counts.  I hope you will be one of them, and that you will join me in supporting Richard Aborn for Manhattan DA.

Thank you.

P.S To learn more about Richard Aborn, please visit www.abornforda.com.