[Water News] DJ Gongol & Associates Water News

Brian Gongol waternewsadmin at pumpstoreusa.com
Fri Mar 18 20:03:22 EDT 2011

Thanks for reading this week's edition of our weekly water news report.
Please feel free to forward this news to a colleague.

Highlights from the past two weeks

The hidden tragedy inside the Japanese earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear
reactor troubles could be that thousands of people are without safe
drinking water:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2011/03/15/

Some mild spring flooding is happening now in northwestern Iowa, but the
big story is coming in a week or two:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2011/03/18/

A vivid look at the impact of the tsunami waves in Japan illustrates
just how powerful moving water can be:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2011/03/11/

The Iowa DNR is debating how clear Iowa's lakes should be:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2011/03/09/

Nebraska cities are dealing with new budgetary strain, thanks to a
change in the state budget:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2011/03/07/

ATI has reliable ways to measure for sulfides -- a welcome piece of news
for plants facing excessive corrosion:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2011/03/14/

We recently exhibited at the Iowa Water Environment Association
collection systems conference in Marshalltown:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2011/03/10/

Featured product: Canal gates for irrigation systems

Irrigation and drainage systems in many locations use canal gates to
control the flow of water through open-topped channels, and as
representatives for Golden Harvest, we have access to a full range of
canal gate sizes -- from one foot in diameter, up to 10' or more.

While open-channel irrigation is rarely found in Iowa, portions of
western Nebraska make some use of it, and large sections of the American
West are still heavily engaged in canal-style irrigation. We also offer
canal gates for water control in nearby states, as well. Fast deliveries
and custom orders are our specialties.

If you'd like to know more, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/gates/canal or call us at 515-223-4144 and
ask for details.

Your comments are welcomed

If you have any comments to share with us about this newsletter, or if
you have questions about any of our products, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/contact/ and let us know. Thanks for reading.

Sign up

If you were forwarded this newsletter, sign up to receive it
automatically at http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/subscribe/weeklywaternews/