[Water News] DJ Gongol & Associates Water News - August 26, 2010

Brian Gongol waternewsadmin at pumpstoreusa.com
Thu Aug 26 12:28:02 EDT 2010

Thanks for reading this week's edition of our weekly water news report.
Please feel free to forward this news to a colleague.

Highlights from the past week

Why it takes a week to restore municipal water service after an outage:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/08/16/

Flooding in Pakistan could put children at risk of water-borne diseases
-- more children, in fact, than the entire population of Iowa:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/08/17/

Chicago fights back against the worst mosquito outbreak in 20 years:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/08/18/

Featured product: Portable fire pumps

Despite the wet weather in the middle of the country, parts of the US
are still facing the threat of wildfires. And, of course, no amount of
rain will keep occasional building fires from breaking out as well.

To help serve communities when fires do break out, we offer a range of
portable firefighting pumps, including popular PTO-driven versions for
use in small towns where tractors are commonly found. Our available
options range from small pumps with 1.5" diameter inlets and outlets,
all the way up to 3" units mounted on wheel kits. Of course, our full
range of pump options goes much higher, but for portability and ease of
use, these firefighting pumps are widely used and recommended.

If you'd like to know more, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/store/firepumps or call us at 515-223-4144
and ask for details.

Your comments are welcomed

If you have any comments to share with us about this newsletter, or if
you have questions about any of our products, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/contact/ and let us know. Thanks for reading.

Sign up

If you were forwarded this newsletter, sign up to receive it
automatically at http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/subscribe/weeklywaternews/