[Water News] DJ Gongol & Associates Water News - June 14, 2010

Brian Gongol waternewsadmin at pumpstoreusa.com
Mon Jun 14 11:53:54 EDT 2010

Thanks for reading this week's edition of our weekly water news report.
Please feel free to forward this news to a colleague.

Highlights from the past week

4"-per-hour rainfall rates push sewer systems to the limit:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/06/07/

Are we soon to be driving cars using a 12% ethanol blend? What about 15%?
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/06/08/

Researchers find more bacteria in bottled water than in tap water:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/06/09/

Pesticide applicators are being recruited to help with water protection:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/06/10/

The Iowa DNR is going to train engineers in antidegradation policies on
June 28th:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/06/11/

Featured product

Many people are familiar with wastewater samplers that use peristaltic
pumps to draw the sample into the measuring chamber before depositing
the sample into either a composite sample chamber or one of a series of
sequential sampling bottles. But peristaltic pumps create a maintenance
nuisance by requiring that the sample tubing be replaced regularly --
and they change the nature of the sample as they bend and crush it as it
is drawn into the sample chamber.

Instead of using unreliable peristaltic pumps for sampling, a much
better approach is to use a vacuum pump to create a powerful suction
inside the sample chamber itself. This approach can exceed the suction
capacity delivered by a peristaltic pump, while eliminating the
maintenance hassles. The vacuum system also leaves the sample itself
unchanged from the point it enters the hose to the point it is deposited
inside the container. We're pleased to be able to offer just such a
type of wastewater sampler through QCEC.

If you'd like to know more, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/samplers or call us at 515-223-4144 and ask
for details.

Your comments are welcomed

If you have any comments to share with us about this newsletter, or if
you have questions about any of our products, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/contact/ and let us know. Thanks for reading.

Sign up

If you were forwarded this newsletter, sign up to receive it
automatically at http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/subscribe/weeklywaternews/