[Water News] DJ Gongol & Associates Water News - April 19, 2010

Brian Gongol waternewsadmin at pumpstoreusa.com
Mon Apr 19 15:37:36 EDT 2010

Thanks for reading this week's edition of our weekly water news report.
Please feel free to forward this news to a colleague.

Highlights from the past week

A billion people live without reliable clean water. It's not just a
nuisance; it makes them sick:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/04/12/

Old warships, like the USS Iowa, have been battling the environment:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/04/13/

A barn fire near Anamosa took seven tanker trips to put down:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/04/14/

Des Moines is recognized for high energy efficiency:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/04/15/

Nebraska is honored with a state stamp featuring irrigation equipment:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/04/16/

Featured product: Lagoon baffles

Twice a year, during spring and fall, many lagoons go through a period
of temperature inversion, as water temperatures change due to sunlight.
The inversion can reveal the presence of dead zones in the lagoon which
need treatment, especially if aeration is being added.

One highly effective method of preventing aerated lagoons from
developing dead zones is to use a combination of lagoon baffle curtains
and retrievable lagoon aeration systems to create a long, serpentine
flow pattern within the lagoon that forces the water to pass through
several aeration zones along the way. By creating an intentional flow
pattern with the baffles, we're able to reduce the impact of dead zones
within the lagoon while simultaneously cutting down on the amount of
aeration equipment required to make the system work.

Even in controlled-discharge lagoons without aeration, baffles can help
ensure that the water being discharged is the water that has spent the
most time sitting in the lagoon.

If you'd like to know more, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/baffles/lagoonbaffles or call us at
515-223-4144 and ask for details.

Your comments are welcomed

If you have any comments to share with us about this newsletter, or if
you have questions about any of our products, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/contact/ and let us know. Thanks for reading.

Sign up

If you were forwarded this newsletter, sign up to receive it
automatically at http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/subscribe/weeklywaternews/