[Water News] DJ Gongol & Associates Water News - February 11, 2010

Brian Gongol waternewsadmin at pumpstoreusa.com
Thu Feb 11 16:24:58 EST 2010

Thanks for reading this week's edition of our weekly water news report.
Please feel free to forward this news to a colleague.

Highlights from the past week

How utilities are planning for the possibility of climate change:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/02/01/

Spring floods are a virtual certainty in Iowa this year:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/02/02/

The unpredictability of metal prices:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/02/03/

Haiti needs urgent help with clean water and sanitation:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/02/04/

Why Eastern Iowa should be on alert for flooding:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/02/05/

Featured product

Water pressure isn't just a matter of quality of life -- adequate
pressure is also crucial to fire protection. For some areas, water
towers are enough to provide pressure throughout a community. But in
others, booster stations are needed to provide the needed pressure
throughout the day. Because peak demand for water (in the morning and in
the early evening) can be several times the demand throughout the rest
of the day, and especially overnight, most pressure-booster systems
require a combination of duty pumps and jockey pumps. Thanks to the huge
range of pumps available from the Patterson Pump Company, we are able to
supply booster stations in sizes ranging from just enough to cover a
small building all the way up to systems capable of pressurizing an
entire rural water district. Enclosure options can range from the most
basic all the way up to enclosures that look like ordinary homes --
completely masking the presence of the equipment inside.

If you'd like to know more, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/pressurebooster/ or call us at 515-223-4144
and ask for details.

Your comments are welcomed

If you have any comments to share with us about this newsletter, or if
you have questions about any of our products, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/contact/ and let us know. Thanks for reading.

Sign up

If you were forwarded this newsletter, sign up to receive it
automatically at http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/subscribe/weeklywaternews/