[Water News] DJ Gongol & Associates Water News - February 2, 2010

Brian Gongol waternewsadmin at pumpstoreusa.com
Tue Feb 2 16:36:00 EST 2010

Thanks for reading this week's edition of our weekly water news report.
Please feel free to forward this news to a colleague.

Highlights from the past week

The new legislative year in Iowa starts with a push for a 10% ethanol
mandate:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/01/25/

Haiti will need a huge investment in its safe-water infrastructure in
order to recover from the earthquake:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/01/26/

The Iowa DNR is holding meetings to determine new stream-quality
standards for the state:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/01/27/

The EPA has hit LaFarge North America with a large fine over air pollution:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/01/28/

Should Omaha residents be taxed on the supplies needed to redevelop the
city's sewers?
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/01/29/

Featured product: Lagoon liners

Of the hundreds of wastewater lagoons in our region (Iowa alone has more
than 700), most are built on compacted soil or use clay to create a
minimally-permeable barrier between the wastewater and the groundwater
below. Geomembrane liners can be far superior to compacted soil liners
for improving the quality of isolation between the wastewater and the
ground below, since they are fabricated under controlled factory
conditions and can be rigorously tested both prior to shipment and in
the field. For those applications where a sound, reliable barrier is
necessary to improve source-water protection, we can offer a wide range
of materials for lagoon liners, including the impressive Layfield
EnviroLiner. EnviroLiner can be warranted for 20 years, and is optimal
for its ease of installation. With UV stability, it can be installed
without a soil cover and requires a minimum amount of labor to install
for the long term.

If you'd like to know more, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/lagoonliners/ or call us at 515-223-4144 and
ask for details.

Your comments are welcomed

If you have any comments to share with us about this newsletter, or if
you have questions about any of our products, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/contact and let us know. Thanks for reading.

Sign up

If you were forwarded this newsletter, sign up to receive it
automatically at http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/subscribe/weeklywaternews/