[Water News] DJ Gongol & Associates Water News - January 5, 2009

Brian Gongol waternewsadmin at pumpstoreusa.com
Tue Jan 5 13:57:47 EST 2010

Thanks for reading this week's edition of our weekly water news report.
Please feel free to forward this news to a colleague.

Highlights from the past week

The Corps of Engineers has told Cedar Rapids that it can't afford to
build the dream flood-protection system that's been talked about:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/12/28/

The Associated Press reports that it's looking like tougher scrutiny is
ahead for the nation's water systems:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/12/29/

The Iowa DNR says that chloride is "pervasive" in the state's
groundwaters, and nobody seems to know why:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/12/30/

Featured product: Portable fire pumps

One of the worst things that can happen during this time of year is for
a major fire to break out -- especially in an area with clustered
buildings, like many of our pre-automotive downtowns. Unfortunately,
this is also the time of year when portable heaters, fireplaces, and old
furnaces are in nearly continuous use, as we try to stay warm despite
outdoor temperatures that drop well below zero.

To help serve communities when fires do break out, we offer a range of
portable firefighting pumps, including popular PTO-driven versions for
use in small towns where tractors are commonly found. Our available
options range from small pumps with 1.5" diameter inlets and outlets,
all the way up to 3" units mounted on wheel kits. Of course, our full
range of pump options goes much higher, but for portability and ease of
use, these firefighting pumps are widely used and recommended.

If you'd like to know more, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/store/firepumps/ or
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/store/ptofirepumps/ or call us at
515-223-4144 and ask for details.

Your comments are welcomed

If you have any comments to share with us about this newsletter, or if
you have questions about any of our products, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/contact/ and let us know. Thanks for reading.

Sign up

If you were forwarded this newsletter, sign up to receive it
automatically at http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/subscribe/weeklywaternews/