[Water News] DJ Gongol & Associates Water News - November 24, 2009

Brian Gongol waternewsadmin at pumpstoreusa.com
Tue Nov 24 15:02:28 EST 2009

Thanks for reading this week's edition of our weekly water news report.
Please feel free to forward this news to a colleague.

Highlights from the past week

How much is a water tower worth if it isn't holding water anymore?
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/11/16/

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania's water system loses or gives away 1.5 gallons
for every gallon it sells
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/11/17/

A major water-plant security bill has passed the US House and moves to
the Senate:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/11/18/

A good example of why we think life-cycle costs matter more than they
are often believed to:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/11/19/

A couple of water workers in Nebraska save their co-worker's life:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/11/20/

Featured product: Soil reinforcement geotextiles

We're getting to the time of year when the rain will be replaced by
snowfall and much outdoor construction will slow. But it will pick up
again in the spring, as will activity on many farm fields. One of the
important but often-overlooked ways to keep water clean is to keep
construction debris and soil from getting into rivers and streams.
Runoff from construction sites and ordinary erosion (especially around
farms) is responsible for far more water pollution than many people
realize -- and compounding the effect is the loss of vegetation when
streambanks collapse, since some forms of vegetation can have a very
strong pollution-reducing effect. Soil-reinforcement geotextiles can be
extremely effective at anchoring soils in place to help provide
stability and improve nature's ability to keep water clean.

If you'd like to know more, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/soilreinforcement/rfq/ or call us at
515-223-4144 and ask for details.

Your comments are welcomed

If you have any comments to share with us about this newsletter, or if
you have questions about any of our products, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/contact/ and let us know. Thanks for reading.

Sign up

If you were forwarded this newsletter, sign up to receive it
automatically at http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/subscribe/weeklywaternews/