[Water News] DJ Gongol & Associates Water News: August 7, 2009

Brian Gongol waternewsadmin at pumpstoreusa.com
Fri Aug 7 19:33:26 EDT 2009

Thanks for reading this week's edition of our weekly water news report.
Please feel free to forward this news to a colleague.

Highlights from the past week

Drought is killing off crops across much of Texas and will probably cost
the state at least $3.6 billion in losses:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/08/03/

How the Corn Belt and the Gulf Coast find themselves in conflict over
water quality:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/08/04/

7 inches of rain fall on Louisville, Kentucky, and overwhelm the city's
sewers:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/08/05/

Environmentalists in Brazil have some peculiar ideas about saving water:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/08/06/

It's been a bad year for wildfires in the US and Canada:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/08/07/

Featured product: Ambient air-quality monitors

Air quality is a topic of concern across much of the country,
particularly in the summer when weather patterns can trap lots of
damaging gases and pollutants close to large population centers. We are
pleased to be able to offer ambient air-quality monitors for use in
measuring a wide range of pollutants, from carbon monoxide and sulfur
dioxide to ozone and VOC's. These monitors are not only useful for
tracking pollutants near sources like freeways and factories, but also
for ensuring that air quality around wastewater treatment plants remains
safe and healthy for nearby residents.

If you'd like to know more, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/ambientmonitors/outdoorairquality/ or call
us at 515-223-4144 and ask for details.

Your comments are welcomed

If you have any comments to share with us about this newsletter, or if
you have questions about any of our products, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/contact/ and let us know. Thanks for reading.

Sign up