[Water News] DJ Gongol & Associates Water News - July 27, 2009

Brian Gongol waternewsadmin at pumpstoreusa.com
Mon Jul 27 21:04:50 EDT 2009

Thanks for reading this week's edition of our weekly water news report.
Please feel free to forward this news to a colleague.

Highlights from the past week

It takes a broken toilet in space to get most people to realize how much
they take modern sewerage for granted:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/07/20/

The Minneapolis Federal Reserve surveys the use of public-private
partnerships to handle infrastructure projects:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/07/21/

Is the Missouri River best used for commerce or recreation? That debate
is set to heat up:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/07/22/

Boone hosts the Upper Midwest Manure Handling Expo:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/07/23/

The Iowa DNR asks for public comments on chloride:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/07/24/

Featured product

Duck-bill check valves are commonly used for river outfalls at
wastewater treatment plants, as well as for stormwater outlets where
one-way service is required. They are non-slamming, leading to quiet
operation, and are generally very good for corrosion resistance (where
required). They're also very good for preventing backflow intrusion,
even at high pressures. We offer duck-bill check valves from General
Rubber, which offers a highly competitive alternative to the long-term
monopolist in this field. If you'd like to know more, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/valves/duckbillcheckvalves/ or call us at
515-223-4144 and ask for details.

Your comments are welcomed

If you have any comments to share with us about this newsletter, or if
you have questions about any of our products, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/contact/ and let us know. Thanks for reading.

Sign up