[Water News] DJ Gongol & Associates Water News - May 9, 2009

Brian Gongol waternewsadmin at pumpstoreusa.com
Tue May 12 16:20:28 EDT 2009

Thanks for reading this week's edition of our weekly water news report.
Please feel free to forward this news to a colleague.

Highlights from the past week

How will we pay for infrastructure projects after the stimulus bill?
With property values in decline in many places, municipalities are
finding it harder to raise revenues and to borrow money.
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/05/04/

Are we only a half-century away from a global water shortage?
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/05/05/

Livestock waste lagoons are being accused of creating a human-health
risk, particularly to the lungs of children:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/05/06/

A government estimate suggests that 20% of private water wells in
Nebraska are contaminated with radioactivity, nitrates, or bacteria:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/05/07/

The latest public-health campaign in India: "No toilet, no bride"
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/05/08/

Featured product: Expansion joints

Expansion joints, also known as flexible connectors, allow for a
resilient connection to be made between pipes and equipment, as well as
between sections of piping and ductwork. They are available in a range
of sizes and materials to allow for maximum flexibility of application
design. By providing a flexible connection between sections of piping or
equipment, expansion joints offer a method of reducing wear and failure
risk by absorbing vibrations and other potential disturbances.

If you'd like to know more, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/expansionjoints/rfq/ or call us at
515-223-4144 and ask for details.

Your comments are welcomed