[SecViz] Cant get nodes labeled with IP address

Siju George sgeorge.ml2 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 05:28:24 EDT 2014

Hi,

I am new to visualization. Have heard Raffel's talks in youtube.
was trying out visualizing network traffic to and from my machine.

The command I used the generate the gif was

tcpdump -vttttnnelr tcpdump.pcap | ./tcpdump2csv.pl "sip dip dport" |
perl afterglow.pl -c sample.properties | neato -Tgif -o test.gif

I got a nice gif with all the nodes and connections but the IP address
on the nodes were missing.

The sample.properties file has these lines

# Changing node labels:
#label=substr(field(),0,10)

I think if I configure something there I can get IP address in my Gif.
I tried some trial and error but to no avail.

I would deeply appreciate if some one can point me to the right direction

Thank you

Siju