QCRYPT2023 News and Announcements - Special Event Alert.

Slattery, Oliver T. (Fed) oliver.slattery at nist.gov
Mon Jul 31 17:50:31 EDT 2023

Hello everyone -

The QCRYPT2023 Registration has been extended by a week until Tuesday, August 8th. Register here<https://2023.qcrypt.net/registration/>.
Special Public Event Alert:  Panel Discussion on QKD versus PQC
QCrypt 2023 is delighted to announce that we will host a special public event that brings together the proponents of Quantum Key Distribution (QKD) and the proponents of Post Quantum Cryptography (PQC) onto the same stage on Tuesday, August 15th from 6pm - 7pm for a panel discussion on the advantages and concerns with the different approaches. This timely and important discussion will be of interest across a wide range of audiences including industry, academia, government and beyond. This event - which will be open to the public - will take place in the Brendan Iribe building on the UMD campus.
A packed 5-day schedule<https://2023.qcrypt.net/schedule/> has been posted to the conference website (https://2023.qcrypt.net/) and includes 3 tutorial talks, 7 invited talks, 32 contributed talks and over 100 posters presentations. There will also be a evening reception and a banquet dinner. We also have a surprise or two to be announced soon. There will also be a public panel discussion on QKD versus PQC.

You can still speak at QCrypt: Did you miss the deadline for a talk submission but still want to participate? Have you an idea that you want to run by a few hundred quantum crypto experts? How about submitting a 'Rump Session' talk or act. Rump session talks are typically more informal and maybe even a bit more fun. You can even submit an act or performance for the Rump Session. Send your Rump Session ideas to 2023 at qcrypt.net<mailto:2023 at qcrypt.net> with the subject 'QCrypt Rump Session' and we will let you know if you made the cut. Rump's are limited to about 5 minutes.

We want to acknowledge our sponsors. Check them out here<https://2023.qcrypt.net/partners/>.

Thanks
Ollie Slattery on behalf of the local committee.
[cid:image001.png at 01D9C3D2.B2152920]<https://2023.qcrypt.net/>