[geeklog-translations] internationalizing a geeklog site

Matt Oquist moquist at softwarefreedomday.org
Fri Mar 12 00:41:55 EST 2004

Hi Geeklog-Translations,

I'm one of the admins at the softwarefreedomday.org GeekLog site, and
we've had offers to translate portions of our site into Spanish.  We'd
love to give them the go-ahead, but we don't know how to integrate the
translated pages into the GL.  It would be ideal if each user's settings
could determine which static pages, stories, etc., that user sees, and
of course we would want each link to default to the original language of
the linked page, in case no translation is available.

Can we do this with our GeekLog, which is version 1.3.8-1sr4 ?

If we can't do this, do you have any advice on how to approximate true
internationalization as best we can?

Thanks for your help,
Matt Oquist

SoftwareFreedomDay.org :
   Celebrating Free and Open Source Software in a Community Near You
contact at softwarefreedomday.org