[geeklog-translations] How to set the Geeklog language from English to anything else globally?

geeklog-translations-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-translations-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Fri Jan 2 16:22:34 EST 2004

Hello Dirk,

 Thank you for your help and definition on changing the Geeklog
 language.

>I'm still looking for a good list that has all the locales <snip>

  I've managed to find a really extensive list of locales through IE6.
  Not sure how much help it would be as it definitely seems to be
  *over-extensive*.

  i.e. Geeklog accepts the English locale as to be "en-gb". Yet the
  over-extensive list IE6 has, is over 12 locales for English alone :|

  i.e. I am certain you're 100% about German my friend but again IE6
  shows an over-extensive list of 5 locales including...

  de-at, de, de-li, de-lu, de-ch...

  And, believe it or not it excludes "de-DE". Weird...

  Outside of English and German which these two I feel I have a grip
  on, how do I decide which locale is right for i.e. French...

  The current list under IE6 for French is...

  fr-be, fr-ca, fr, fr-lu, fr-mc, fr-ch

  Ok, not trying to school anyone but myself here :) How do I go about
  picking the right locale for another language now that I know how to
  change the language "language file exclude .php"?

  I mean is it trial and error or would choosing the simple "fr" be
  any good? for example...

  French, "fr" OR "fr-fr"
  Dutch, "nl"  OR "nl-nl"
  Nepali, "ne" OR "ne-ne"

  Is the above safe or will I always have to complete the locale to
  something more specific to get it right?

  If in case the locale always has to be specific, is it possible to
  get the language interpreters to identify the specificity within the
  comments of the language file?

  I mean this would be good for others who do not wish to change the
  language for themselves but for others. Unless this is documented
  already I would surely appreciate the link :)

  Sorry for the long letter. My point is getting the locale right to
  languages in which their are so many locales.

  Thank you Dirk :)

--
Best regards,
 Victor B. Gonzalez

GeekLog v1.3.8-1sr3
apache_2.0.48-win32-x86-no_src
mysql-4.0.17-win-noinstall
php-4.3.4-Win32
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1