[geeklog-translations] UTF-8 Code files

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Thu Feb 26 17:07:37 EST 2004

Sam,

>By beautifying, do you mean the look of name itself?

Yes. Geeklog only has the file names to work with. So it takes
french_canada.php and presents it as French (Canada) to the user. Pretty
simple transformation.

If we could agree that, say, a second underscore would be translated into
a comma and a space, we could transform chinese_traditional_utf-8.php
into Chinese (Traditional, Utf-8). How's that?

>How about just
>name it straight forwardly as "Jan" and "Fan" or "Simplified" and
>"Traditional", or even "Sim" and "Trad"?  As long as the installer
>himself know that's Unicode, that's enough.

Well, I wouldn't know what "Jan" or "Fan" is supposed to mean, but then
again I wouldn't be able to read any of them ;-) I wouldn't worry about
lang file names, if that's what's keeping you from using "traditional" in
a name.

bye, Dirk

--
http://www.haun-online.de/