[geeklog-modules] Center block API

geeklog-modules-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-modules-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Mon May 12 09:17:05 EDT 2003

What about the case when you want multiple center blocks, but no news?
That is why I though a no news flag would be appropriate.  Also, I don't
think we should place the burden on plugin developers to create an
complex administrative GUI to control the content of the front page.  If
we go that route an Admin may have to go to each individual plugin page
to adjust the content of the center block.

Using a flag in the config.php will allow multiple center blocks to
appear on the front page (and would even give limited control of the
order they appear for up to three blocks by the where parameter [1.
before news, 2. after featured story, 3. after news]).  Also, control
over the articles that appears on the front page won't rest within
plugins that have nothing to do with the articles (less confusion?).

Instead of a $CONF variable, a database variable may be equally relevant
for this.  But I think the core geeklog should control if news is displayed.

-Vinny