[geeklog-modules] Center block API

geeklog-modules-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-modules-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Mon May 12 09:05:55 EDT 2003

Vinny wrote:

>I think it might be better to add a $CONF variable 'fp_nonews' or
>similar which, when set to true, would disable news on the index page.

Err, how would that work? If, say, both the forum and the static pages
plugin would have the ability to replace the frontpage, how would a flag
decide which one should?

>Using a config variable would make things more straight forward than
>people figuring which flags need to be set in function calls and/or what
>format to return the results of a function in.

Of course, the plugins which support this feature would have to provide
some way for the user to configure it. Currently, the static pages plugin
does that by assuming a static page named "frontpage" should replace the
frontpage. A simple checkbox would probably do it for most plugins (and
would be more intuitive).

bye, Dirk

--
http://www.haun-online.de/