[geeklog-modules] PLG_showCenterBlock

geeklog-modules-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-modules-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Sun Jun 8 05:03:43 EDT 2003

Blaine wrote:

>You are setting a flag so that you only build
>the array $PLG_bufferCenterAPI with the names of the plugin centerblock
>functions once.

Yes, to minimize the number of SQL requests. Since the function is called
4 times and the plugin configuration isn't likely to change during that
time, it doesn't make sense to do 4 SQL requests ...

>It appears that all plugins (centerblock functions)  will need to trap
>for $where, $page and $topic and only return a formatted block once so
>that it will not appear more then once. If $where is 0 then that can
>optionally replace the entire page.

Yep.

>The idea appears that we may only want the centerblock to appear on 1
>page or in 1 topic and that they are optional.

You could also return different blocks. For example, with the Static
Pages plugin 1.3 you could now set up one block to be displayed at the
top of the page and another at the bottom.

bye, Dirk

--
http://www.haun-online.de/
http://www.macosx-faq.de/