[geeklog-modules] New Plugin API's for UserSettings

geeklog-modules-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-modules-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Sat Jun 7 23:59:09 EDT 2003

Dirk,

These new API's are certainly what we needed to integrate the plugins and blocks better. I've been working on the Messenger Plugin and added the functions to add the user option to control email notifications.

There are two sets of functions as I can see
- PLG_profileVariablesEdit   => to just add a new fields
- PLG_profileBlocksEdit       => to add a new block

Both of these styles are called when editing User->Account Information

With VariablesEdit, we would need to modify the stock template files to add our new field HTML
With BlocksEdit, we would specify our own template files and shows up as a new block

There is also a equivelent Display routines when the user profile is viewed by another user. In this case, I may not want to add the function as another user does not need to see my default notification setting. I could add the logic to only show this setting if it was my profile or user was root - maybe I will do that.

Wanted to just confirm your intent and my understanding was correct.

We will need to revisit the Developers Handbook as there are quite a few changes ;)