[geeklog-modules] items on gplugs site

Tom Willett tomw at pigstye.net
Tue Jan 21 21:08:47 EST 2003

The url rewriting that we have been playing with on the gplugs site uses a
combination of your static pages rewrite code and apache rewrite rules.  It
will only work on apache using a htdoc file currently.  The good thing about
the rewrite and the index is that google has picked them both up and has
begun making direct links to the stories rather than just the index pages.

The rewrite links however are intended mostly for the other search engines.
Last time I looked they have not spidered us yet so we do not know how they
will handle it.  I am wondering if the lack of unique descriptive text for
each link will hurt there.  We will just have to wait and see.  I figure it
will take at least two months to have a good trial.

At that time Vinny and I were planning on putting a combined package together.

The index is so simple I would recommend that it become a part of geeklog,
because it works and addresses a common complaint.

TomW

Yeah the theme is a little slow but free and distinctive.

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 17:23:19 -0600 (CST), Tony Bibbs wrote