[geeklog-modules] Plugin API for usercreate

geeklog-modules-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-modules-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Tue Dec 30 06:12:05 EST 2003

Blaine wrote:

>The Plugin API for create_user is called by default when a new user self
>registers. It is being called even if the member submission queue is enabled.
>
>I think it should only be called if submission is off or after being
approved.

The API function is called when new records for the new user account are
created (in the gl_users, gl_userinfo, etc. tables) so that you can
create a new record in your (presumed) custom table.

There may be cases where it comes in handy to have the exact same number
of entries in all user-related tables (I assume ...) and it shouldn't be
too much of a hassle to have an additional check to see if the user has
been approved yet. In most cases, you will need to access the gl_users
table anyway (e.g. to get the user name).

bye, Dirk

--
http://www.haun-online.de/
http://www.macosx-faq.de/