[geeklog-devel] Geeklog 1.9.0 or Geeklog 2.0.0?

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Thu Mar 15 17:16:04 EDT 2012

>> I don't know if it's a big redesign, but the real question is how much
effort is it to change Geeklog core to pass this information to
>> COM_siteHeader. Plugins will already be broken so don't worry about that.
It is only the non-plugin pages that need to be considered.

We sort of talked about his before (see
http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/view.php?id=1358) and a few interesting
ideas where floated around. The other problem we have is in some cases (like
the use of autotags or the mobile phone theme that uses jquery) we need to
add lines to the header (css files, javascript) and we can't because
COM_siteHeader has already run before we knew that a block or autotag was
going to display.

COM_siteHeader and COM_siteFooter really should be the last things called
before the webpage is displayed.

Tom