[geeklog-devel] Geeklog 1.9.0 or Geeklog 2.0.0?

Joe Mucchiello jmucchiello at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 00:02:31 EDT 2012

I don't know if it's a big redesign, but the real question is how much effort is it to change Geeklog core to pass this information to COM_siteHeader. Plugins will already be broken so don't worry about that. It is only the non-plugin pages that need to be considered.

Regexes are fun: 173 out of 178 calls to COM_siteFooter in he core use the function defaults and "true" is used in the other 5 calls. In other words, inside Geeklog core and the shipped plugins, there are only 5 places where it is not known ahead of time if the blocks will display, based on the $_CONF stuff. This really isn't that big a project. In most cases, it is assumed they will not display unless forced by the $_CONF settings. This means if a parameter were added to COM_siteHeader to store this data for use in a new COM_siteFooter, only the 5 places where true is sent to COM_siteFooter would need updating to pass this info to COM_siteHeader:

public_html\admin\plugins\spamx\index.php
public_html\directory.php
public_html\index.php
public_html\lib-common.php (called twice in here)

How the information is carried to COM_siteFooter from COM_siteHeader? Probably overriding the $_CONF setting that already exists. :-)