[BwayDems] newsletter and meeting announcement

Pat Almonrode palmonrode at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 09:21:47 EDT 2021

*Welcome back!* It's September and that means a new edition of the Broadway
Democrats' newsletter. Inside you'll find:

   - an article from District Leader Curtis Arluck on State Senator Brian
   Benjamin becoming our next Lt. Governor, and the upcoming County Committee
   meeting to select the Democratic nominee to fill the seat he'll be vacating
   in the Senate;
   - an article from District Leader Paula Diamond Román on the importance
   of not de-humanizing the "other," and speaking our truth in love;
   - Club President Joe Nunley on "Reverberations of a Difficult Era";
   - information from Meika A. Mustrangi on our September 9 forum about the
   #LessIsMore Act to stop the senseless parole-to-prison pipeline; and
   - Laura D. Mandel on a new campaign by Go Blue and Reclaim Our Vote, to
   help protect voting-rights advances in the State of Virginia by encouraging
   voter turnout in key communities for the upcoming general election.

*And don't forget: General Meeting on September 9* (on Zoom), a
presentation on the #LessIsMore Act, which would enact much-needed parole
reform and which now only needs Gov. Hochul's signature to become law.

*7:30 - club business*
*8:00 - #LessIsMore presentation*

*RSVP at bit.ly/broadwaydems-sept9 <http://bit.ly/broadwaydems-sept9>.*

See you there!