[BwayDems] #GasFreeNYC (Wednesday)

Eric Weltman eweltman at fwwatch.org
Mon Nov 15 08:29:45 EST 2021

#GasFreeNYC
Rally & Hearing (Virtual)

Wednesday, November 17
11:00 am

WE CAN STRIKE ANOTHER BLOW AGAINST THE FOSSIL FUEL INDUSTRY!

On November 17, the New York City Council is holding a public hearing on Intro 2317, legislation banning gas hookups in new buildings and major renovations.

Can you join us for a virtual #GasFreeNYC rally before the hearing?

The rally is at 11:00 am, followed by the hearing, also online, at noon.

It is essential that we have a large turnout for the rally to show strong support for passing this essential measure to move off fossil fuels and fight climate change.

We also need people to attend the hearing and to testify in support of Intro 2317 (note: we hope you’ll attend the hearing even if you don’t testify).

Click on this link<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfRShz0tYBRCtzSGlNDqwl235gU4BS_AK6Zd1rhNkx5_U3Esw/viewform> to register to attend the rally, as well as attend the hearing and to testify.

To testify at the hearing, you’ll also need to complete a form on the council’s web site: https://council.nyc.gov/testify/<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://council.nyc.gov/testify/&sa=D&source=editors&ust=1636122898196000&usg=AOvVaw0un0vUCbX0DMsKNjXQga5w>, selecting the 11/17 Committee on Environmental Protection.

For those testifying , talking points created by the #GasFreeNYC coalition are available here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/16feApM2GP4eZWWoW9VT8wGdKNzZ-4BaexgGYQI4W3ss/edit>.

The real estate and fossil fuel industries are trying to stop this bill. On November 17, we must send a powerful message to the Council to pass Intro 2317 NOW! #GasFreeNYC

Eric Weltman
Senior Organizer
Food & Water Watch<https://www.foodandwaterwatch.org/> and Food & Water Action<https://www.foodandwateractionfund.org/>

O (347) 778-2743