[BwayDems] Voting Tips from MBP Gale Brewer (And, Flu Shot Clincs)

Paula Diamond Roman valleygirl109 at rocketmail.com
Tue Oct 20 12:50:24 EDT 2020

First, some voting reminders:

In-person early voting starts this Saturday (10/24). Use findmypollsite.vote.nyc to identify your early voting site and its hours (or even your Election Day site-- they’re likely two different locations!). You can even preview the ballot for your location at findmypollsite.vote.nyc to reduce the amount of time you’ll spend in a polling place.

It’s important to know that the hours at early sites vary, to accommodate the widest range of voters:

   - Saturday, 10/24: 10 am - 4 pm
   - Sunday, 10/25: 10 am - 4 pm
   - Monday, 10/26: 7 am - 3 pm
   - Tuesday, 10/27: 12 pm - 8 pm
   - Wednesday, 10/28: 12 pm - 8 pm
   - Thursday, 10/29: 10 am - 6 pm
   - Friday, 10/30: 7 am - 3 pm
   - Saturday, 10/31: 10 am - 4 pm
   - Sunday, 11/1: 10 am - 4 pm

It’s not too late to apply for an absentee ballot (request by next Tuesday, 10/27); early voting sites will also accept completed, sealed absentee ballots.* Election Day is Tuesday, 11/3.

*For those absentee voters who are skittish about even entering an early voting poll site to drop their ballots in the drop boxes there, there’s a solution: Invisible Hands, a nonpartisan volunteer group that’s done amazing work running errands for the homebound, will pick up sealed absentee ballots from seniors and deposit them in the drop boxes at early voting sites. Homebound seniors (or whoever) can request a volunteer to pick up their ballot here. And if you’d like to volunteer for Invisible Hands to do ballot runs, complete the volunteer form here.

Also, you should know that it’s legal to gather sealed ballot envelopes on your own and deliver them to ballot drop boxes.

Have you requested an absentee ballot but haven’t received it yet? Use the Board of Elections’ Absentee Tracker to see where your request is in the process.

---

It’s more important than ever to get a flu shot, and several elected officials and I are cosponsoring free flu shot clinics throughout Manhattan. This week’s dates are:

   -
Tomorrow (10/20), 10 am - 2 pm, Lincoln Neighborhood Center (250 W. 65th St.). Contact rosenthall at nyassembly.gov or 212-873-6368 for appt.

   -
Wednesday (10/21), 1 - 4 pm, Lenox Health Greenwich Village (30 7th Ave.). Contact wkawadler at northwell.edu or 347-802-7400 for appt.

   -
Wednesday (10/21), 2 - 4 pm, Ryan Health | NENA (279 E. 3rd St.). Walk-in.

   -
Wednesday (10/21), 4 - 7 pm, Lenox Hill Hospital (Hearth Room, 130 E. 77th St.). Contact cgreer1 at northwell.edu or 212-434-2751 for appt.

   -
Thursday (10/22), 1 - 4 pm, Lenox Hill Hospital (Hearth Room, 130 E. 77th St.). Contact cgreer1 at northwell.edu or 212-434-2751 for appt.

   -
Thursday (10/22), 4 - 7 pm, Lenox Health Greenwich Village (30 7th Ave.). Contact wkawadler at northwell.edu or 347-802-7400 for appt.

                                                      Stay Safe,

|    |

|    |

|    |

|    |

|    |

|  Copyright © 2020 Manhattan Borough President Gale A. Brewer, All rights reserved.

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.  |

|  This email was sent to valleygirl109 at rocketmail.com
 Manhattan Borough President Gale A. Brewer · 1 Centre Street · 19th Floor South · New York, NY 10007 · USA