[BwayDems] Correction to Petition Filing Date Changes

curtisdems curtisdems at aol.com
Tue Mar 17 09:21:53 EDT 2020

I am informed by Gregory Soumas, co- Law Chair of the NY County Democratic Party, that petitions are not going to be filed this week. This widespread confusion occurred because, while there is legislation to this effect in Albany that was expected to pass, it hasn't passed, because the Legislature didn't go into session due to the coronavirus.The rest of the message is correct. By executive order of Governor Cuomo, petitioning ends at 5 PM today, and the required number of signatures is reduced to 30% of the original number. If you have any additional signatures, get them to my lobby at 545 West 111th ASAP, but it no longer has to be by Wednesday night.Curtis ArluckSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone