[BwayDems] TODAY: Met Council on Housing Annual Meeting noon - 3

Pat Almonrode palmonrode at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 08:17:05 EDT 2019

[image: Met Council on Housing]
<http://metcouncilonhousing.nationbuilder.com/?e=68441cffc84ac285039d872b35d96cc5&utm_source=metcouncilonhousing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=two_days&n=1>

Did you hear who will be at the Annual Meeting? We fought to change the
face of New York State government and we did! We are excited that *Senator
Zellnor Myrie, Senator Julia Salazar, Assembly Member Linda Rosenthal &
Assembly Member Carmen de la Rosa* will be joining us to talk about how we
will pass Universal Rent Control this year!

This is am important year for action both on the rent laws and for Met
Council. This year we have the chance to pass Universal Rent Control in New
York State and stop the hemorrhaging of rent stabilized apartments. This is
also Met Council's 60th anniversary and a chance for us to set ourselves up
to build power for the next 60 years. In less then 13 weeks the rent laws
will expire. If they are renewed as is, we will continue to see the loss of
affordable housing and landlord harassment. To win we need a strong tenant
movement and a strong tenants movement means a strong Met Council.

[image: alt]
<http://metcouncilonhousing.nationbuilder.com/annual_meeting?e=68441cffc84ac285039d872b35d96cc5&utm_source=metcouncilonhousing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=two_days&n=2>

*Join us at our Annual Meeting*
*When:* Saturday, March 16th 12 pm - 3 pm
*Where*: Goddard Senior Center 593 Columbus Ave
*RSVP Here
<http://metcouncilonhousing.nationbuilder.com/annual_meeting?e=68441cffc84ac285039d872b35d96cc5&utm_source=metcouncilonhousing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=two_days&n=3>*
Landlords have gotten away with making us miserable and taking too much of
our income for too long. By wining Universal Rent Control, tenants will be
on a more equal footing with their landlords.
Becoming a member of Met Council will allow us to remain independent and
win protections for all the tenants of New York State this year.

*Please RSVP  for the Met Council’s Annual meeting, which will be held
March 16th 12-3 pm at the Goddard Riverside Senior Center, 593 Columbus Ave
on 88th Street.*

*RSVP Here.
<http://metcouncilonhousing.nationbuilder.com/annual_meeting?e=68441cffc84ac285039d872b35d96cc5&utm_source=metcouncilonhousing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=two_days&n=4>
*
*Become a member or donate today!*
<https://metcouncilonhousing.nationbuilder.com/2019_drive?e=68441cffc84ac285039d872b35d96cc5&utm_source=metcouncilonhousing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=two_days&n=5>

In Solidarity,
Andrea

Met Council on Housing
www.metcouncilonhousing.org
<https://metcouncilonhousing.nationbuilder.com/r?u=JeVnhmmXmZckFnVb-NCTqFFpARw73ydi_x2iOtLohhuv9M66Ed_6q1fm-3ufIoJ7&e=68441cffc84ac285039d872b35d96cc5&utm_source=metcouncilonhousing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=two_days&n=7>

Met Council on Housing · 168 Canal St, FL 6, New York, NY 10013, United
States

.