[BwayDems] February Newsletter and Meeting Announcement

Pat Almonrode palmonrode at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 08:15:50 EST 2019

Here's the February edition of the Broadway Democrats' newsletter. Inside,
you'll find:

   - notice of our endorsements to be voted on at the Feb. 14th meeting;
   - a report from *Curtis Arluck* about his 40 years(!) as District Leader;
   - a column from our President, *Noah Kaufman*;
   - articles from *Katie Hanner* and *Joe Nunley* about different aspects
   of the environmental crisis.

And speaking of which, our guest at our February 14th meeting will be Mark
Dunlea, veteran climate activist and founding chairperson of the Green
Education and Legal Fund, who'll help us make sense of the (somewhat
dizzying) array of legislative initiatives - on the national, state, and
city levels - being advanced to deal with our climate emergency. Yes, we
*know* it's Valentine's Day, but bring your sweetie and come show some love
for Mother Earth!

*And a special notice:*
The New York State Senate will be holding a hearing on climate change that
same day, February 14th, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm at 250 Broadway (across the
street from City Hall Park). Got something you want to tell the
Senators? *Register
to speak by emailing encon at nysenate.gov <encon at nysenate.gov>.*

Thanks,

Pat Almonrode