[BwayDems] Join us Sunday Apr. 28th for our Spring Fling gala!

Pat Almonrode palmonrode at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 11:31:01 EDT 2019

[image: ltrhd logo.png]

Dear Friend,

Please join us on *Sunday, April 28*, 2019 for the Broadway Democrats’
annual *Spring Fling* benefit gala.  We will again be celebrating at
*Restaurant
107 West* (2787 Broadway, between 107th and 108th Streets), from *3:00-6:00
PM.*

In celebration of our ongoing commitment to Democratic values, we are
honored to present our Annual Award this year to *Manhattan Borough
President Gale Brewer*.  For many of us who did not grow up in NYC, it
seems Gale has been serving the public our whole lives.  Her 12 years on
the City Council and six years as Manhattan Borough President have been
devoted to building strong communities with active democratic participation.

We will also present the Ida and Jess Frankel Community Service Award to
the *West 113th St. Amsterdam-Broadway Committee*, on the 50th Anniversary
of the 113th Street PlayGarden, a public-private oasis created under the
Vest Pocket Park program of Mayor John Lindsey.  The PlayGarden is open
every day (weather permitting) as a gathering spot for neighbors, a lunch
place for workers, and a locally famous destination for generations of
children and their families and caregivers.

In 2018 the Broadway Democrats pulled out all the stops to help bring the
“Blue Wave” to Albany and Washington.  We took buses to knock on doors from
Pennsylvania to the Catskills, and wrote postcards in support of candidates
throughout New York State.  Along with thousands of others, our efforts
helped bring down the IDC and turn the State Senate and the House of
Representatives blue.  We hope you’ll join us to celebrate these wins, and
to look ahead to 2020 campaigns.  Your support helps our work on behalf of
Democratic candidates and progressive values, and we invite your
participation in one of these categories:

*$500    Benefactor*

*$300    Patron*

*$175    Sponsor*

*$150    Guest*

*  $50    Dues-paid Member*

*  $35    Dues-paid Senior Member*

Please make your check payable to Broadway Democrats and mail to Luis
Román, Treasurer, 120 West 109th St., Apt. 3-E, NYC 10025, or contribute at
the door.

Please call 609-751-3033 or email fundraiser2019 at broadwaydemocrats.org for
further information or to RSVP (*please DON'T reply to this email to RSVP!)*
.

Thank you for your support, and we look forward to celebrating with you on
Sunday, April 28th.

Fundraising Co-Chairs: Susan Crawford, Zoila Marte

President: Noah Kaufman