[BwayDems] April Newsletter and Meeting Announcement: Criminal Justice Reform, NEXT THURSDAY Apr. 11, 8 pm

Pat Almonrode palmonrode at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 08:29:07 EDT 2019

Here's the April issue of the Broadway Democrats' newsletter. Inside:

   - In a new (occasional) feature I'm calling "Soapbox: Room for Debate,"
   we have opposing takes on the Progressive movement in the Democratic party,
   from James Behr and Curtis Arluck;
   - Our President, Noah Kaufman, has some thoughts prompted by Spring, and
   by the April remembrance of the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King;
   - Richard Siegel urges support for ThriveNYC, a City initiative "to
   create a mental health care system that works for everyone";
   - Thanks from our District Leader Curtis Arluck for those who helped
   with petitioning.

Please join us at our General Meeting on April 11 for a discussion of
Criminal Justice Reform, with our invited speakers State Senator Brian
Benjamin and State Assemblyman Dan Quart. The meeting is at Bank Street
College, 610 W. 112th (just west of Broadway), and starts at 8:00 pm sharp.

And remember to purchase tickets for our Spring Fling fundraising gala,
Sunday, April 28, 3-6 pm at Restaurant 107 West!

Thanks,

Pat Almonrode
Newsletter editor