[BwayDems] Fight for Families - Saturday - Foley Square

Amy Porter amyporteresq at icloud.com
Tue Jun 26 08:36:24 EDT 2018

Keep posted to facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/events/402075813606761/

On June 30, New Yorkers will join together with dozens of other cities in a National Day of Action to Fight for Families and to demand that Donald Trump and his administration stop separating kids from their parents! Families belong together, and we need to end this — NOW!

Every day, this administration threatens the very future of our communities. The conditions these children are being subjected to is deplorable and un-American. We hope to see thousands of people in the streets and at the border on June 30th demanding this policy end!

All New Yorkers are encouraged to attend! Families and children and are welcome on Saturday, 6/30. This will be a permitted event. Details are currently being finalized, so please be patient with the organizing team. Tentatively: We will be meeting at Foley Square and marching across the Brooklyn Bridge to Cadman Plaza. To join the NYC organizing efforts for this action, please fill out this form: http://bit.ly/SupportJune30NYC

CO-SPONSORS:
1199SEIU
32BJ SEIU
Amnesty International USA
Arab American Association of New York
Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund
Atlas DIY
Black Alliance for Just Immigration
Caring for Us Indivisible
Congregation Beit Simchat Torah
Empire State Indivisible
Faith In New York
FPWA
FWD.us
Greater New York Labor-Religion Coalition
Indivisible Nation BK
Judson Memorial Church
Make the Road NY
March For Our Lives NYC
March for Truth
MinKwon Center of Community Action
Neighbors link
New Immigrant Community Empowerment
New York Association of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services, Inc.
New York Civil Liberties Union
New York Immigration Coalition
OCA-NY
One Spirit Learning Alliance
Rise and Resist NYC
Upper West Side MoveOn/Indivisible Action Group
The Workmen's Circle

Note: By choosing to attend this event, you are committing to participate nonviolently and in accordance with the law, to work to de-escalate confrontations with others, and to obey the orders of authorized event marshals and of law enforcement. You also acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any injury or damage to your person or property resulting from or occurring during this event and that you release all event sponsors and organizers (and their officers, directors, employees, and agents) from any liability for that injury or damage.