[BwayDems] Campaign for America's Future - the pledge

Pat Almonrode palmonrode at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 08:23:41 EST 2018

Apropos of our "Democracy Teach-In with Zephyr Teachout" on March 8 (flyer
attached), you may want to take a look at the *pledge *
<http://campaignforamericasfuture.org/pledge/>currently being run by the
Campaign for America's Future.

The idea behind the *pledge <http://campaignforamericasfuture.org/pledge/>*is
that "Resistance Is Not Enough"; thus, the organizers are asking folks to
"Pledge to Fight for Good Jobs, Sustainable Prosperity, and Economic
Justice," and to "work to build a movement that can make that agenda a
reality."

Lots of illustrious signers so far, including Naomi Klein, Bill McKibben,
Robert Reich, Gloria Steinem (*full "headliners" list here*
<http://campaignforamericasfuture.org/signers/>) - *and Zephyr Teachout*.

*Please note*: the pledge is *not *(as of now) officially endorsed by the
Steering Committee, and certainly not by the club as a whole. I'm
circulating this email for information purposes only, and in hopes of
promoting thoughtful and informed discussion at our March 8 meeting.

Pat Almonrode
member, Steering Committee