[BwayDems] April Newsletter - "Is the Sky the Limit for Morningside Heights?" and the Annual Spring Fling

Pat Almonrode palmonrode at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 13:30:56 EDT 2018

 Here's the April Newsletter of the Broadway Democrats. Inside:

   - details on our meeting Thursday, April 12, which will feature a
   presentation by the Morningside Heights Community Coalition, which has put
   forward a block-by-block zoning plan that would implement contextual
   development and provide desperately-needed affordable housing;

   - a recap of our March "Democracy Teach-In" with Zephyr Teachout;

   - a piece from Richard Siegel about a dangerous trend in health
   insurance;

   - thoughts from Luis Román on the weaponization of the First Amendment
   by the Sinclair Broadcasting Group;

   - a column from our club President, Noah Kaufman;

   - and more!

Please come to the meeting on Thursday, April 12, at Bank Street College
(610 W. 112th Street, just west of Broadway). Registration at 7:45 p.m.,
meeting starts *sharply* at 8:00 p.m. We'll have a discussion of zoning and
development plans for Morningside Heights, led by members of the
Morningside Heights Community Coalition.

*AND FINALLY - *don't forget our Spring Fling fundraiser - Sunday, April
29, 3-6pm, at 107 West Restaurant. This year we're honoring Public Advocate
Tish James and  the Morningside Heights Community Coalition. Come support
the Broadway Democrats in this crucial Midterm Elections year!

Thanks,

Pat Almonrode
Newsletter editor