[BwayDems] Bdwy Democrats: November newsletter and General Meetings

Pat Almonrode palmonrode at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 07:34:16 EST 2017

Dear all: our November newsletter is attached, including announcements for
our NEXT TWO General Meetings, November 16 and December 14. Both meetings
will be at Bank Street College, 610 W. 112th Street (between Broadway and
Riverside Drive). Registration at 7:45 pm; meetings begin at 8:00 pm sharp!
We hope to see you at either or both!

- Pat Almonrode, President

*Next Thursday, November 16*

*November General Meeting:*

*Republican Tax “Reform” – *

*Thanksgiving for the Kleptocrats*

Republicans are pushing a plan through Congress that most independent
analysts say would *raise* taxes on the middle class, while benefiting the
wealthy – *i.e*., Trump and his cronies.

Join Congressman *Jerry Nadler* and Barnard Economics Professor *David
Weiman* for a spirited discussion of exactly what’s wrong with this
Thanksgiving turkey, and how it might be stopped.

*****************

*SAVE THE DATE!*

*Thursday, December 14*

*December General Meeting:*

*Getting There from Here –*

*Meeting Transportation Challenges in Our Ever-Growing City*

·         Can bikes, pedestrians and motor vehicles safely share the road?

·         Can we have "vision zero" without gridlock?

·         Can mass transit expand without throwing riders under the bus?

Panelists have been invited from the MTA, rider-representative groups, and
good government groups.